One of the mandatory post-incorporation requirements, according to Malaysia Companies Act 2016, is appointing a company secretary within 30 days after receiving the Certificate of Incorporation from Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM).
- at least 18 years old
- resident of Malaysia
- licensed by the Registrar of Companies
- registered under Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- registered Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)
- registered with Malaysian Bar
Company Secretary Services
In addition to the above basic qualifications, a company secretary in Malaysia must also be someone who possesses the following professional and personal qualities. A Company Secretary Services Provider can be of assistance to companies that are seeking fully qualifed and experienced Company Secretary KL or JB.
Professional and Personal Qualities:
- knowledgeable in company law and governance
- adept at processing and vetting high volumes of related information
- good eye for detail, detecting possible discrepancies in documents
- able to work well and coordinate with people at all levels
- strong written communication skills
- trustworthy and responsible